The Director of Marketing reports directly to the Managing Director and is a key role on the Harper James Leadership Team.
The Director of Marketing will work collaboratively with both the Harper James and Group Marketing Teams to ensure best practices are met in the creation and delivery of a contemporary, B2B technology marketing strategy that drives profitable acquisition, retention and growth across all channels.
By placing the customer at the heart of everything we do and championing the customer within our business, the Director of Marketing will help build valuable, significant, life-long customer/partner relationships that lead to irrepressible brand advocacy.
Insights and data will be used to discover the deep market trends and wider issues to deliver a truly game-changing strategy, and through industry metrics measure the overall success and provide quarterly insights on market penetration and performance.
The Director of Marketing will work collaboratively with the MD and the marketing teams to create a unique, globally significant and powerful brand proposition, personality and visual identity that resonates with our target audience and inspires customer advocacy.
The Director of Marketing will work collaboratively with the Harper James leadership team, technology, marketing and sales functions and other key stakeholders across the wider business to interpret customer needs and desires into a cohesive brand and marketing strategy.
A marketing expert with experience across the full marketing mix, the Director of Marketing will design and implement an effective data and insight strategy, an infrastructure rooted in CRM, and a fully optimised, multi-channel marketing funnel that delivers increasing volumes of high quality leads into the sales channel.
With ambitious targets for fast global expansion, this role will be responsible for delivering tangible, measurable results through implementation of a world class marketing strategy. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for the design and implementation of a comprehensive strategy that encompasses the marketing real estate (incl. corporate literature, website, microsites, customer portal, social accounts, marketing infrastructure), customer profiling, customer journey cycles, content, influencer and social marketing, PR and events, through to back-cloth and targeted direct acquisition campaigns (incl. eDM, DM, PPC, paid search, SEO, social, propensity modelling, digital, programmatic and print media), sales enablement, partner enablement, in-life growth and retention using the full mix of digital and traditional marketing techniques.
● Significant experience at Head of Marketing, Head of Digital Marketing level.
● Extensive experience in the software/technology sector.
● Extensive experience in a channel marketing business.
● Extensive experience working for a Global brand/ brand leader.
● Experience of working in a B2B, professional services industry.
● Significant experience of best-practice marketing execution across the full marketing mix.
● Specialist skills in online/digital marketing.
● Outstanding commercial awareness in driving profitability and market share.
● Strong ambition and motivation to succeed in a changing and challenging environment.
● Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal – to influence and inform a wide range of stakeholders.
● Excellent ability to build and grow strong relationships across internal and external organisations.
● Self-motivated, focused on results and outcome driven.
● Significant background in negotiating, influencing and presentation skills.